There is no cover for any loss you may suffer as a result of any pre-existing medical condition as detailed below:
Any dental or medical condition, defect or disease suffered by you, your travelling companion, any close relative or any other person upon whose state of health the trip depends:
1. for which advice or treatment (including prescribed medication), or investigation has been received or prescribed in the 12 months prior to the issue of the policy;
2. of which you are aware or could reasonably be expected to be aware at the time of applying for insurance; and / or
3. is of a recurring or an ongoing nature or any complication directly attributable to the condition.
Notwithstanding the above, there are certain Pre-existing Medical Conditions that we are able to cover automatically without referral. Please refer to the list below.
You are automatically covered if your pre-existing medical condition is described below, provided you have not been hospitalised (including day surgery or emergency department attendance) for that condition in the past 24 months.
Get a Travel Insurance Quote Now!
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Asthma - with no other chronic lung disease
- Bee Sting Allergy
- Benign Breast Cysts
- Benign Renal Cysts
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Congenital Blindness
- Congenital Deafness
- Controlled Diabetes Mellitus (Types I and II) - providing you were diagnosed over 12 months ago and you do not also suffer from a known cardiovascular disease, hypertension or hyperchilesterolaemia.
- Controlled Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) - Where you do not also suffer from a known cardiovascular disease and/or diabetes
- Controlled Hypercholesterolaemia (High Cholesterol) - Where you do not also suffer from a known cardiovascular disease and/or diabetes
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Ear Grommets
- Epilepsy - Where you only take one (1) anticonvulsant medication and you have not had a seizure in the last 12 months.
- Folate Deficiency
- Food Intolerance
- Gastric Reflux
- Hay fever
- Impaired Glucose Tolerance
- Insulin Resistance
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia
- Latex Allergy
- Macular Degeneration
- Nocturnal Cramps
- Pernicious Anaemia
- Pregnancy up to 22 weeks gestation from the date the policy ends, where no complications exist relating to this pregnancy, it is not a multiple pregnancy, and the pregnancy is not the result of assisted reproductive programmes. Cover is only provided for serious complications of pregnancy that could not reasonably have been predicted to occur by a healthcare practitioner in possession of the insured person’s current and prior medical history. A serious complication is one likely to pose a threat to the life of the mother or unborn child, or likely to lead to a permanent disablement of the unborn child if left untreated.
- Raynaud's Disease
- Trigger Finger
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency