Climbing, trekking and mountaineering are seen as high risk activities by many insurers so most travel insurance policies exclude them. Insure4less has been insuring Aussie climbers for over 10 years and based on our experience have developed the ideal plans to cover you while overseas. The following shows what we cover...
Rock Climbing Plan
up to 3500 metres and includes sports climbs, abseiling and bouldering (see important info below)
Trad Climbing Plan
up to 3500 metres and includes trad climbs, sports climbs, abseiling and bouldering (see important info below)
up to 6500 metres and includes trekking with ropes, picks or other specialist climbing equipment - not available in USA/Canada (see important info below)
up to 6500 metres and includes mountaineering, ice climbing, glacier climbing - not available in USA/Canada (see important info below)
Search & Rescue cover increased to $50,000 if you take out our Excel Plus plan
Get a quote now!
Simply select your policy type as a single trip and your destination and then continue the online process. Once you have selected the level of cover you require for the full duration of your trip, you will be offered the option to add our climbing, trekking or mountaineering plan. If your travel plans and experience fit our online criteria, you will get an immediate quote (shown in the policy extras in the quote summary) and will be able to purchase. If your request needs to be referred, it will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 3 business days.
Got a question?
All queries relating to our climbing, trekking or mountaineering cover must be emailed and we'll respond within 1 business day. Please click here
- We are unable to provide climbing insurance if you are already overseas; if you are climbing within Australia or if you are under 18 or over 65 years at the time of taking out the policy.
- There is no cover whatsoever for activities in the Antarctic/Arctic/Nepal. There is no cover for Mountaineering, trekking or trad climbing in the USA or Canada.
- We can only offer climbing plans in conjunction with our standard travel insurance and not an annual multi trip policy
- You must buy a standard insure4less travel insurance policy from the date you leave Australia until the date you return
- Cover must be purchased prior to leaving Australia