Adventure is everywhere you travel… whether you’re an extreme adrenalin junkie or a more sedate traveller, we reckon our cover for sports and activities is second to none. In fact, we cover over 150 different sports and activities!
From cage diving with great white sharks to scuba diving to tandem parachuting to surfing, we’ve got you covered.
Inevitably there will be some activities that we have not included. Please contact us at email@example.com advising which activity you wish to do and we will let you know whether cover can be provided.
Whilst some activities may be covered for medical expenses and personal accident, it is important to note that there may not be cover under the personal liability section of the policy wording, for any liability for bodily injury, loss or damage:
- arising out of the ownership, possession or use of motorised vehicles, yachts or motorised waterborne craft, airborne craft of any description, animals or firearms and weapons.
- arising out of dangerous sports or pastimes including contact sports.
Please also note, your participation in activities of a hazardous nature such as (but not limited to) mountaineering, potholing, parachuting, hang gliding or any other aerial activities, sports involving intentional bodily contact, motor-sports and sailing outside territorial waters are not covered. Scuba diving is covered subject to the restrictions shown below. In addition, snow sports, other than curling, tobogganing and recreational ice-skating, are not covered except when the appropriate additional snow sports premium has been paid. At no time, however, is cover granted for ski or ski-bob racing in major events, ski jumping, ice-hockey or the use of skeletons or bobsleighs.
We are always keen to make sure you are safe and enjoy your travels, however, if you choose to put yourself in a dangerous position or put yourself or others travelling with you in a situation in which a reasonable person ought to have known was dangerous, we reserve the right to exclude any loss or expenses or injuries as a consequence of your actions
We provide cover for your amateur participation in a wide range of sports and leisure activities including whilst officially competing in individual and/or team events up to amateur regional club level. Competing as a representative at state or national level competition may only be included after declaration to and acceptance by Underwriters. Please note that there is no cover for your participation as a professional sportsman (i.e. where you the insured receives any form of remuneration for your participation in sport by way of wages, endorsements, sponsorship or prize monies). You are deemed to be competing as a representative at state or national level competition if you are participating as an athlete in a competition as a member of an official State or Australian team, endorsed by the relevant Australian Sports Commission (ASC) recognised national sporting organisation (NSO), or a School Sport Australia member body.
Please click here if you have any queries or require further information regarding sports and leisure activities.
- Abseiling (See note 1 below)
- Adventure Racing ( see note 2 below)
- Aussie Rules
- Bamboo Rafting
- Banana Boating
- Beach volley ball
- Biathlon (non-snow)
- BMX riding (no stunts / obstacles)
- Boardsailing / Windsurfing
- Bouldering (not covered - please visit www.rockclimbinginsurance.com.au)
- Bridge Swinging
- Bungee Jumping (max 2 jumps per trip)
- Camel Riding
- Canyoning (See note 1 below)
- Catamaran Sailing (within territorial waters)
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Climbing (indoor)
- Cross Country Running
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dinghy Sailing
- Diving (Scuba) (up to 30m depth - see notes below)
- Dog Sledding
- Dragon boat racing (including international competition)
- Dry Slope Skiing/Boarding
- Elephant Trekking / Riding
- Endurance Tests (see notes 2 below)
- Expeditions (see notes 2 below)
- Fell Running
- Fell Walking
- Football (Soccer) (see note 2 below)
- Gaelic Football
- Glacier Walking
- Horse Riding (excluding racing, jumping or competing)
- Hot Air Ballooning (See note 1 below)
- Ice Skating excluding Speed Skating
- Inline Skating
- Jet Boating
- Jet Skiing
- Kayaking (up to grade 3 rivers )
- Kite Surfing
- Marathon Running
- Martial Arts not involving intentional bodily contact
- Modern Pentathlon
- Motor Cycling (see note below)
- Mountain Biking (recreational only. No cover for competitive or non-competitive downhill biking)
- Mountaineering (not covered - please visit www.rockclimbinginsurance.com.au for details)
- Outdoor Endurance Events (see note 2 below)
- Overland Trips
- Paintballing (See note 1 below)
- Parachute Jumping - static line - (See note 1 below)
- Paragliding (See note 1 below)
- Parapenting (See note 1 below)
- Parasailing (See note 1 below)
- Parascending (See note 1 below)
- Pistol Shooting
- Pony Trekking
- Quad Biking (see note 1 below)
- Rap Jumping (See note 1 below)
- Reenacting (excludes use of live ammunition)
- Rifle Shooting
- Rock Climbing using ropes & guides (not covered - please visit www.rockclimbinginsurance.com.au for details and to submit an application)
- Roller Blading
- Roller Hockey
- Rugby League (see note 2 below)
- Rugby Sevens (see note 2 below)
- Rugby Union (see note 2 below)
- Safari trekking (See note 1 below)
- Sail Boarding
- Sailing / Yachting - recreational within territorial waters
- Sand Dune surfing / skiing
- Scuba Diving (up to 30m depth - see notes below)
- Sea Canoeing
- Sea Kayaking
- Shark Diving - in cage - (See note 1 below)
- Skate Boarding
- Skiing - snow (subject to you having taken snow sports cover)
- Sky Diving - Tandem (See note 1 below)
- Snowboarding (subject to you having taken snow sports cover)
- Soccer (see note 2 below)
- Street Hockey
- Summer Tobogganing
- Table Tennis
- Touch football
- Trekking with ropes, picks or other specialist climbing equipment (not covered - please visit www.rockclimbinginsurance.com.au for details)
- Trekking (up to 4,000 m without ropes, picks or other specialist climbing equipment) - See note 3 below
- Via Ferrata (using established routes and fixed apparatus)
- War Games
- Water Polo
- Water Skiing
- White Water Canoeing / Rafting (up to Grade 4)
However your participation in any activity not shown above is specifically excluded.
Note 1 - Provided by a licenced commercial operator.
Note 2 - Subject to application to insure4less and subsequent written acceptance from insure4less.
Note 3 - There is no cover whatsoever for any trekking where the summit is higher than 4,000m unless specifically agreed by us. Please visit www.rockclimbinginsurance.com.au for details.
Annual multi trip travel insurance policies include 23 days snow sports cover (on piste only). There is no requirement to enter the dates that you plan to participate in snow sports.
Motorcycling and Mopeds - You are covered, subject to the policy terms and conditions, if you are in control of a Motorcycle and have a current Australian motorcycle licence, or you are a passenger travelling on a Motorcycle that is in the control of a person who holds a current motorcycle licence valid for the country you are travelling in. You are also covered if you are in control of a Moped or Scooter and have a current Australian motorcycle or drivers licence, or you are a passenger travelling on a Moped or Scooter that is in the control of a person who holds a current motorcycle or drivers licence valid for the country you are travelling in.
Scuba diving is covered up to 30 metres depth, so long as you are not diving alone, or in wrecks, caves or ice and if you are not qualified for the dive undertaken or accompanied by a properly qualified instructor.
Snow Sports - The following Snow Sports activities are covered, subject to you having entered the dates that you plan to participate in snow sports and these dates are shown in your certificate of insurance:
Back Country Skiing and Snowboarding*; Biathlon (ski); Snowcat Skiing/Boarding*; Cross Country Skiing; Glacier Skiing; Glacier Walking; Snow Monoskiing; Ski Randonee*; Ski Touring*; Skiing – snow (On Piste); Skiing (Off Piste)*; Snowblading; Snowboarding (On Piste); Snowboarding (Off Piste)*.
*These activities are covered except in the USA and Canada, subject to you indicating that you require “off-piste" cover when taking out your snow sport policy. Annual multi trip travel insurance policies include 23 days snow sports cover (on piste only). There is no requirement to enter the dates that you plan to participate in snow sports.