How to make a travel insurance claim
Any occurrence or loss, which may give rise to a claim, should be advised immediately to, and a claim form obtained from our appointed claims adjusters, whose details are shown below.
Please provide the following information when requesting a claim form:
- your name, address and telephone number
- your travel insurance policy certificate number
- a brief description as to the nature of the claim
If medical attention has been received you should pay and obtain receipts together with a certificate showing the nature of the injury or illness.
Please note the following:
- any loss or damage to baggage whilst in the custody of carriers (airline, bus company etc.) must be notified immediately in writing to such carriers, but in any event within three days, and a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) obtained.
- any loss of money or personal baggage must be reported to the police within 24 hours of discovery and a written report obtained.
- proof of ownership of personal belongings, if requested, must be supplied.
- in no event should a claim be notified later than 31 days after the expiry of the trip during which the claim occurred.
Claims Service - Contact Details - Gallagher Bassett
Gallagher Bassett Services
GPO Box 14
Brisbane, Queensland 4001, Australia
Please note that the claims adjusters are not authorised to answer enquiries about policy sales or cover unless there is a claim. For all other enquiries, please click here.
You can complete the online claim form by clicking here
For enquiries relating to a claim only: