Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Why choose Insure4less?

    Why choose Insure4less? 

    Insure4less has arranged travel insurance for over 2 million travellers and has paid out more than $40 million dollars in claims. The team at Insure4less believes every adventure our customers take is unique which is why we’ve designed a range of plans to suits every traveller’s budget. 

    Help When You Need it, Our emergency assistance provider ‘Fullerton Health Emergency Protection’ is part of the largest assistance organisation in the world. When you travel with Insure4less you can do so knowing that if the unfortunate was to occur, we're here to help 24/7 356 days a year, no matter where you are in the world! 

    Understanding Insurance is not always easy which is why we've compiled some frequently asked questions to help you understand the cover we provide and decide whether the Insure4less policy is right for you. 

    We love to hear from our customers whether you have a question about our cover, feedback or you just want to get in touch to tell us about your holiday, our team is available 7 days a week. 

  2. Epidemics and Pandemics?

    Over the past few years there have been some serious pandemics affecting travellers. These include Bird Flu, SARS, Ebola and now COVID-19. Unlike most insurance companies, insure4less does have limited cover for epidemics or pandemics. If you contract COVID-19 during your journey there may be cover subject to the policy terms for medical expenses and additional expenses related to you contracting the illness

  3. Do you provide cover for cruises?

    All insure4less travel insurance policies automatically include cover for Cruises. Travellers on domestic cruises within Australian waters, should select their area of travel as 'Pacific Including New Zealand & Fiji' to ensure that cover is available for emergency medical assistance and expenses.

  4. Riding scooters & motorbikes ?

    Motorcycles - If you have an Australian motorcycle licence that is valid in the country you are in, then there is cover for medical expenses if you were to have an accident.

    Scooters - If you have an Australian drivers or motorcycle licence that is valid in the country that you are in, then there is cover for medical expenses if you were to have an accident.

    Travel insurance does not cover liability whilst riding a bike or scooter.

  5. Cover for overseas medical expenses?

    All of the insure4less policies include unlimited medical expenses cover. The team at insure4less has over 40 years of experience in the travel insurance industry dealing with thousands of medical emergency claims. During that time we have never heard of a claim exceeding $2 million. So really the high amount is there to give you confidence in knowing that there is more than enough cover in place should you have a medical emergency. Australian travel insurers are not permitted by law to pay medical expenses in Australia.

  6. Pre-existing medical conditions?

    We cover a wide range of pre-existing medical conditions. For more info, click here.

  7. Annual multi-trip travel insurance?

    Annual travel insurance cover (also known as multi trip travel insurance) can be cheaper than taking lots of individual policies during the year if you are a frequent traveller. The insure4less annual multi-trip travel insurance covers trips within Australia if they include at least one overnight stay and a minimum distance of 250 kms from your place of residence. Annual travel insurance policies limit the number of days you can spend abroad on any one trip. Our maximum is 93 days. Unlike other annual travel insurance or multi trip travel insurance policies, we don’t restrict the total number of days you can spend on holiday abroad during the year. Our Excel Plus plan allows your partner or any children to travel independently of the main policyholder.

  8. Money back guarantee?

    We're so confident in our policies that we offer a 14 day money back guarantee - As long as you haven’t made a claim and your trip has not commenced, we will refund your travel insurance premium if requested.


  9. What cover is there for terrorism?

    You are covered, subject to the policy terms and conditions, to travel anywhere that the Australian government does not have a specific 'do not travel' advice. So, for example, if you were involved in a terrorist act you would be covered for medical expenses etc.

    If the government advice was to change to 'do not travel' from a lesser advice such as 'high degree of caution' or 'reconsider your need to travel' then subject to the policy terms and conditions, the insure4less policy would give you the option to cancel before travel if the advice did change. For the latest government advice, please visit



  10. 24/7 emergency service?

    24/7 Medical Emergency assistance is included in all of our policies - provided by one of the world’s leading medical travel insurance assistance companies. Please visit the contact us page for the up to date contact details.

  11. Cover for Australians already overseas?

    Cover for Australians already overseas?

    So long as you are an Australian resident and returning to Australia (i.e. the end date of the policy must be the date you arrive back in Australia), you can take out a policy. Our policies are appropriate if:

    • You're already overseas and simply forgot to take out travel insurance, or;
    • You're overseas and your existing travel insurance policy has expired or;
    • You are based overseas and returning back home to Australia

    Just remember there is no cover in place for the first 48 hours from the policy start date and you must be returning to Australia!

  12. Does travel insurance cover Medical Expenses?

    Unlimited Overseas Medical Expenses

    Yes! At insure4less, all travel insurance policies come with unlimited medical expenses cover. This gives you peace of mind knowing there’s more than enough cover in place if a medical emergency were to occur.

    Read More

  13. Group travel insurance?

    If you are organising a large group such as a school study tour then the insure4less online facility is perfect for you. Most online travel insurers restrict the number of people you can cover to a family. We can cover up to 25 adults and 25 children on one policy.

  14. Snow sports and off piste?

    insure4less has an option to cover snow sports – this can be extended to include off-piste in countries other than the USA and Canada.

  15. Do your policies meet Schengen Visa requirements?

    Do your policies meet Schengen Visa requirements?

    All of our policies exceed the Schengen requirement as the amount of cover under the medical expenses section is unlimited. Medical repatriation back to Australia (if deemed medically necessary) and returning your remains to your home or a funeral in the country where you died is also included. For full details, please refer to section 2 ‘Overseas Medical Expenses’ on page 6 of the product disclosure statement.

  16. Travelling one way or no return ticket?

    For policies purchased in Australia:

    It’s hard to find travel insurers who are prepared to cover you if you don’t have a return ticket back into Australia. We do. This is great if you are leaving Australia permanently and taking time travelling before settling into your new home or if you simply don’t know when you’ll be back. 

    Already overseas?

    If you are an Australian resident and presently overseas and are looking to take out a travel insurance policy with us, the policy end date must be the date that you intend to return to Australia. Therefore, the option to extend is not available.

  17. Kids travelling alone?

    Simply enter the number of children when getting a quote where it asks: "Other children aged under 18 years".

  18. Can I Get Group Travel Insurance?

    Yes, you can get group travel insurance if you’re travelling with your family or a group.

    Read More

  19. Who can buy insure4less travel insurance?

    insure4less travel insurance is available for Australian citizens who maintain domiciled status in Australia and for non-Australian citizens who have been resident for a period of not less than 3 months. You do not have domiciled status if you have permanently migrated to another country or your permanent place of abode is outside of Australia. It is therefore ideal for people in Australia on business visas, 457 visas, student visas etc. This travel insurance is available for people aged 70 or under at the time of taking out the policy.

  20. Non-Australian residents living in Australia?

    Most travel insurance companies’ state that you have to be a permanent resident of Australia to take out a travel insurance policy. We have a special arrangement with our insurers whereby all we ask is that you have been living in Australia for at least the past 3 months prior to purchasing a policy. This is perfect for those of you on 457 visas, holiday or student visas.

  21. Planning a Mountaineering trip?

    insure4less has an option to cover mountaineering depending on your experience. Click here for more details. There is no cover for Mountaineering in the USA, Canada, Nepal, Antarctica or the Arctic.


  22. Do you cover Rock Climbing?

    insure4less has an option to cover rock climbing depending on your experience. Take a look at our Rock Climbing Travel Insurance page for more information.

  23. Do you cover Trekking?

    insure4less has an option to cover trekking. Click here for more details. There is no cover for trekking in the USA, Canada, Nepal, Antarctica or the Arctic.

  24. Do you provide Sailing cover?

    Our standard travel insurance policy excludes sailing unless it is within a short distance of the coastline. Therefore, if you are sailing outside of territorial waters or sailing competitively, you need to purchase our sailing cover. For more information about our offshore sailing/yachting cover, please click here

  25. Other sports and leisure activities?

    The insure4less plans automatically include cover for a range of activities from bungee jumping to scuba diving to zorbing. Click here to see the full list.

  26. Extend travel insurance from overseas?

    For policies purchased in Australia:

    Please email to enquiry about purchasing an additional policy. 

    For policies purchased overseas:

    Our insurance is appropriate if you are an Australian resident and are overseas intending to return to Australia on the date your policy ends. Therefore, the option to extend is not available.

  27. Return to Australia during trip?

    Take out a 12 month single trip policy and you can return to Australia as often as you want during that period. However, there is no cover while you're back in Australia.

  28. Policies Underwritten by Lloyd's

    Your travel insurance policy is issued by Chase Underwriting Pty Ltd and Underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's. Lloyd’s is the world’s leading insurance and reinsurance marketplace. Through the collective intelligence and risk-sharing expertise of the market’s underwriters and brokers, Lloyd’s helps to create a braver world.

  29. Are my credit card details safe?

    insure4less online travel insurance uses bank‐level encryption. The highest supported by standard web browsers. Online travel insurance premiums paid by credit card are processed through Eway and Commonwealth Bank. No details are stored on our servers. There is no risk of credit card details being viewed or used by third parties.

  30. 24/7 online access to my account?

    Need to make a change to your policy or download a copy of it? Simply sign in here and you can change names / email address / level of cover / extend your policy among other things.

  31. Can I buy 24 months cover for my visa?

    The maximum duration of one policy is 12 months. You cannot buy two consecutive 12 month policies to give you 24 months cover. Therefore, this insurance is not appropriate if you are looking to buy cover for a 2 year visa where you are asked to demonstrate that you have insurance in place for the full duration of your visa.

Get A Quick Quote

Loading Quote

Hang in there, we're just loading up your quote!

Great value travel insurance. Get A Quote Now